Manta – Montecristi
- All activities described
- A cup of freshly grounded coffee or other preferred soft drink
- Cruise Terminal / Hotel pick up and drop off (You would have to take the free shuttle bus to Cruise Terminal)
- Professional Local Guide (Spanish, English speaking) prices may vary for French and German guiding
- *Does not include gratuities
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee
- For cruise ship travelers: If the ship doesn´t dock due to inclement weather conditions, political matters, or covid-19 related reasons, there is no cancellation fee
Manta’s Fish Market & Boatyard
Embark on a journey to the captivating meeting point of Tarqui and Los Esteros beaches, where you’ll find one of the last remaining wooden fishing boat shipyards. Skilled carpenters continue the treasured tradition of crafting these majestic vessels by hand.
Experience the lively atmosphere of the bustling fish market, a vital contributor to the city’s economic growth since its inception.
Merry downtown streets
Experience the heartbeat of Manta on a walk through the city center from Monday to Friday. During the bustling work week, downtown streets come alive with colorful characters – from businessmen and women hurrying to work, to street food vendors chanting their products. Immerse yourself in local life as you take in Manta’s historic architecture, from typical coastal colonial-style buildings to narrow pedestrian alleys filled with history. Stop to watch old-timers playing dominoes in the park or listen to the shouts of shoe shiners offering their services. Cap off your morning walk at a traditional Patrimonial House, now preserved as an atmospheric coffee shop. Sink into a chair and enjoy a freshly ground regional blend while energizing for the second half of your Manta adventure.
Montecristi the handicraft’s town
Immerse yourself in the sights and stories of Montecristi as you stroll the colorful streets. Wander past the first school for women, witnessing how this coastal town has long championed progress. Linger in the main plaza, taking in the imposing church that anchors the city’s spiritual heart. Chat with locals sitting on their front porches who remember when life moved at a slower pace.
Panama Hat weaving exhibition
Do you need more information?